Saturday, November 19, 2005

More about 'More (Rich)

I'm pretty much with Weegie as far as identifying the key offensive storylines this week. I'm also happy about the possibility that the offense can get 13 and we might still win handily. Or, even more conservatively, the offense can get 6, the defense can get 7, and we can win with the same 13.

On the other hand, there are things I really want to see out of the offense. I want to see if Tommy Maddox can snap out of it on the road where he'll hear fewer boos. I want to see if we give Randle El one designed series the way we used to give Kordell when he first started. I want to see if Tommy got the memo about Heath Miller being really useful. I want to know if anyone but Weegie and I had noticed the Randle El semicircular reverse thing--which, admittedly, served him well on the TD to Hines. I want to know if we could make Cedric Wilson's head explode by throwing three passes to Quincy Morgan and two to Jerame Tuman. I want to see Verron Haynes' face when he reads an article about our "three-headed running back" and how many phone calls national and local reporters have gotten from a mysterious "Mr. VH" pointing out that #34 is the only halfback who's been active for every game. I want to see if the no-huddle is going to continue working to get Tommy going. I want to see what the message boards look like this week if Tommy throws for 426 yards and 4 TDs.

Finally, what I really want to see is a healthy #7 under center in 9 nights.

--rich erenberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home